The aim of this course is to provide students with background knowledge and understanding of business, the functions of an organisation and the wider business environments in which organisations operate. Students will examine the different types of organisations (including for profit and not for profit), their size and scope (for instance, micro, SME, transnational and global) and how they operate. Students will explore the relationships that organisations have with their various stakeholders and how the wider external environments influence and shape business decision-making. The knowledge, understanding and skill sets gained in this unit will help students to choose their own preferred areas of specialism in future studies and in their professional career.
By the end of this course a student will be able to:
- Explain the different types, size and scope of organisations.
- Demonstrate the interrelationship of the various functions within an organisation and how they link to organisational structure.
- Use contemporary examples to demonstrate both the positive and negative influence/impact the macro environment has on business operations.
- Determine the internal strengths and weaknesses of specific businesses and explain their interrelationship with external macro factors.
For students who have recently been in education, the entry profile is likely to include one of the following:
- Students must be over 18 years of age.
- A Level 3 qualification in Business or an international equivalent.
The qualification is wholly in English language. Students should demonstrate capability in English at a standard equivalent to one of the identified levels below:
- Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR) level B2
- PTE 51
- IELTS 5.5; Reading and Writing must be at 5.5
- or equivalent.
- Based on course settings, students might be requested to fill in an application and provide us with correct information about themselves before being able to proceed with the course (the application is online).
- We will contact you by email if we need more details after submitting your application.
- After approval, you can proceed with payment and start the course.
Materials are organized under different lessons. The lessons consist of self-study contents including reading-texts, practical activity, assignment and quizzes in which students can engage and learn.
The course has supervisors and instructors; they are available online to support students by answering their questions or explain different topics to them. This will be managed under discussion section, forums, direct contact or by online meetings.
When student successfully completes all lessons, quizzes and pass assignment, he/she will be offered a certificate.
The Course is available as an individual or under Pearson Qualifications (HNC/HND) in Business. The price will be updated based on the selected option. The individual course fee is higher because Awarding Organization has additional fees for individual enrollment. At the same time, a discount will be automatically added when you order HNC/HND in Business or if you’re already enrolled under these qualifications.
Courses awarded under Next Gates have no discount, and the fee is already reduced.
* Note that prices don’t include VAT. It might be added at checkout based on your location.
|Understanding a Business and Creation of Value||01:30:00|
|Factors to Consider when Starting a Business||01:30:00|
|Legal Structure of a Business||01:30:00|
|BBE Progress Quiz 01/10||00:20:00|
|Limited Liability Corporation||01:30:00|
|Choosing an Organizational Structure||01:30:00|
|Core Business Functions||01:30:00|
|BBE Progress Quiz 02/10||00:20:00|
|Product Life Cycle Stages||01:30:00|
|Understanding The Market||01:30:00|
|Understanding the Industry||01:30:00|
|BBE Progress Quiz 03/10||00:20:00|
|Understanding Business Stakeholders||01:30:00|
|External Stakeholders (Part One)||01:30:00|
|BBE Progress Quiz 04/10||00:20:00|
|External Stakeholders (Part Two)||01:30:00|
|External Stakeholders (Part Three)||01:30:00|
|Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR)||01:30:00|
|BBE Progress Quiz 05/10||00:20:00|
|CSR and The Value Chain||01:30:00|
|Size of an Organization||01:30:00|
|Expanding a Business (Part One)||01:30:00|
|BBE Progress Quiz 06/10||00:20:00|
|Expanding a Business (Part Two)||01:30:00|
|Globalization – The Impact on Business Environment||01:30:00|
|BBE Progress Quiz 07/10||00:20:00|
|Analyzing the Global Economy||01:30:00|
|The Business Environment||01:30:00|
|The External Business Environment: Micro-Environment||01:30:00|
|BBE Progress Quiz 08/10||00:20:00|
|The External Business Environment: Macro-Environment (Part One)||01:30:00|
|The External Business Environment: Macro-Environment (Part Two)||01:30:00|
|The External Business Environment: Macro-Environment (Part Three)||01:30:00|
|BBE Progress Quiz 09/10||00:20:00|
|The External Business Environment: Macro-Environment (Part Four)||01:30:00|
|The Changing Global Environment||01:30:00|
|European Union as an Example||01:30:00|
|BBE Progress Quiz 10/10||00:20:00|
|BBE Assignment 1/2 (v1)||30, 00:00|
|BBE Assignment 2/2 (v1)||30, 00:00|
No Reviews found for this course.