1. What Data We Collect
When you register and create a new account to start using our Services, including through a third-party platform, we collect any data you provide directly, which includes:
Account Data: When you create or update your account, we collect and store the data you provide, like your First name, last name, email address, password, gender, and date of birth, and assign you a unique identifying number. You will also choose to provide profile information like a photo, website link, social media profiles, or other data.
Some of your account and profile data will be publicly viewable by others. Notice that some of your data is visible to other members/students enrolled with us, which means that guest users will not be able to view them. We give you advanced settings under your dashboard to control the publicity of your data and many of them can be set to private, so no one can find them.
Shared Content: While you’re using our Services you may interact with other users or share content publicity, including posting reviews under a course page, asking or answering a question under discussion/forum pages, posting comments under articles or other pages, posting images or files. Such shared content may be publicly viewable by others, depending on where it is posted.
Course data: When you start a course, we collect relevant data related to your performance like quizzes and assignments started and completed, your interaction and messages with other members and instructors and other items submitted to satisfy course requirements.
Payment data: When you make an order we collect a payment related data like your name and country. You must provide certain payment and billing data directly to our payment processing partners, including your name, credit card information, billing address, and zip code. For security, Next Gates does not collect or store sensitive cardholder data, such as full credit card numbers or card authentication data.
System Data: Technical data about your device or computer like, IP address, operating system, device type, browser, geographic data and other system data.
Usage Data: Usage statistics about your interactions with our Services, including course activities like time spent on lessons, pages visited, features used, search queries, time and dates.
We are using the following cookies to ensure the best web browsing experience:
- When you leave a comment on our website, you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
- If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
- When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
- If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
- Google Analytics cookies – These are set for monitoring and tracking visitor’s behavior on the site.
- WooCommerce cookies – these are used by the WooCommerce plugin to track visitors and their purchased items in the cart.
- W3 Total Cache cookies – these are used by W3 Total Cache plugin to monitor referrer and user identification for caching purposes.
- 2checkout WooCommerce cookies – this is used by the WooCommerce extension 2checkout for verifying user payment and checkout status.
In addition to Google Analytics, we are using the following statistics on our site for performance and monitoring:
- Affiliate performance statistics – statistics regarding our affiliates.
- Installer statistics – statistics regarding the number of plugin installations of our products in clients, also includes the site info like PHP version, WordPress version used, etc.
- Support statistics – statistics regarding our supporters and clients about how many tickets created, resolved, pending, etc.
- Woo-commerce statistics – statistics regarding our sales, conversion rates, refunds, etc.
- Reference site statistics – statistics regarding our users reference sites installation.
4. What We Use Your Data For
- We collect these data for the following reasons:
- The information we collect is necessary to provide our services to our end users.
- Be able Responding to our end users’ questions and inquiries.
- Sending administrative messages and information, including messages from instructors and supervisors, course announcements, notification based on activities, news and updates to our agreements or terms.
- Sending information as messages / emails about your progress in courses, rewards achieved, new services, new features, promotions, newsletters, and other available courses (which you can opt-out of at any time).
- Manage account preferences.
- Facilitate the Services’ technical functioning, including troubleshooting and resolving issues, securing the Services, and preventing fraud and abuse.
- Learn more about you by linking your data with additional data through third-party data providers or analyzing the data with the help of analytics service providers.
- Identify unique users across devices.
- Improve our Services and develop new products, services, and features.
- As we, in our sole discretion, otherwise determine to be necessary to ensure the safety or integrity of our users, employees, third parties, the public, or our Services.
5. Who Can See Your Personal Information?
With Instructors: Your teacher is your direct contact and support during interacting with courses. It is important that teachers and course supervisors have access to your details so they are able to communicate, answer your questions, monitor your progress and control course preferences.
With Students: Based on your settings, your shared content and profile details can be viewed by the public, including other students and instructors.
With Service Providers: We share your data with third-party companies who perform services on our behalf, like online broadcasting, virtual sessions, video streaming, payment processing, data analysis, marketing and advertising services, email and hosting services, and customer services and support. These service providers may access your personal data and are required to use it solely as we direct, to provide our requested service.
With Service Partners: We have agreements with other awarding bodies and platforms to distribute our Services. These agreements are important to help us deliver our services and to monitor standards applied during the education certification.
With Google Analytics: We share certain contact information, Account Data, System Data, Usage Data or de-identified data as needed with Google analytics. Your name and email address are protected and replaced with a token ID. This allows these providers to provide analytics services. We do this to communicate with you in a more effective and customized manner.
For Security and Legal Compliance: We may disclose your data to third parties if we (in our sole discretion) have a good faith belief that the disclosure is:
- Permitted or required by law;
- Requested as part of a judicial, governmental, or legal inquiry, order, or proceeding;
- Reasonably necessary as part of a valid subpoena, warrant, or other legally-valid requests;
- Required to detect, prevent, or address fraud, abuse, misuse, potential violations of law (or rule or regulation), or security or technical issues; or Reasonably necessary in our discretion to protect against imminent harm to the rights, property, or safety of Next Gates, our users, employees, members of the public, or our Services.
Next Gates takes appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure, or destruction of your data that we collect and store. We follow these procedures to maintain security:
- Our platforms/websites are using secured protocols SSL/HTTPS throughout all our sites. This encrypts our user communications with the servers so personal identifiable information is never captured by third parties without authorization.
We don’t share your passwords with any party, and it is our responsibility to protect it. You should not share it with anyone.
- We check and monitor data traffic instantly by using specialized firewall software.
- Databases are sanitized (actual user personal details are removed) before deploying to the development or testing environment.
Unfortunately, no online system can be 100% secured, so we cannot guarantee that communications between you and Next Gates, the Services, or any information provided to us in connection with the data we collect through the Services will be free from unauthorized access by third parties.
In case of a data breach, System administrators will immediately go through affected users and will attempt to reset passwords if needed after informing the user.
7. Your Rights
You can choose not to provide certain data to us, but you may not be able to use certain features of the Services.
- To stop receiving email notification related to your Service progress, you can simply find unsubscribe button into these notifications and email; by clicking on it the option will be disabled automatically under your account preferences and you’ll no longer receive a notification. You can enable these options once again from your account settings.
- You can control who can see parts of your profile account from your profile settings.
- You can also request a file, including all of your data stored on our website/platform.
- You can contact us using this email firstname.lastname@example.org if you need more details or help concerning any of your rights.
Please feel free to contact us on this email: email@example.com if you need more details or find something important is missing in this policy.